You must define a menu before you can add items to it.
- Go to Appearance–>Menu
- Select Create a new menu at the top of the page
- Enter a name for your new menu in the Menu Name box
- Click the Create Menu button.
Adding items to menu
You can add different link types into your menu. There is a list of them on the left of the menu you’re currently editing.
- Locate the panel entitled Pages.
- Within this pane, select the View All link to bring up a list of all the currently published Pages on your site.
- Select the Pages that you want to add by clicking the checkbox next to each Page’s title.
- Click the Add to Menu button located at the bottom of this pane to add your selection(s) to the menu that you created in the previous step.
- Click the Save Menu button once you’ve added all the menu items you want.
Your custom menu has now been saved.
Creating multi-level menus
To make one menu item a subordinate of another, you need to position the ‘child’ underneath its ‘parent’ and then drag it slightly to the right.
- Position the mouse over the ‘child’ menu item.
- Whilst holding the left mouse button, drag it to the right.
- Release the mouse button.
- Repeat these steps for each sub-menu item.
- Click the Save Menu button in the Menu Editor to save your changes.